Gorgeous

Gorgeous
Daddy and Daughter

Saturday, September 18, 2010

September 15th-18th, 2010



Right off the bat let me say we are sorry for not updating blog for last several days but things have been happening in a whirl wind around here!



I am doing really well and here is a very quick update as it is really really late and we have to get up really early in the morning! :O)



We had great news on the 15th as Dr Casey said that she was going to take me off the Nasal Canual and ween me off the Oxygen! Sooo..off it comes and I seem to be doing very well except when I eat, I have to have a little O2 then.



Then on the 16th we had and Echocardiogram which the Drs discovered that I have Pulminary Hypertension meaning that due to my prematurity my lungs did not properly develope and there is damamged lung tissue that causes the lungs to have built up blood pressure inside the lungs due to trying force the air out of the lungs thru damaged tissue! So what this means is that I have to be on constant oxygen, 100% at an eighth of a liter. Dr said that I would probably be on this oxygen for 3 to 6 months. We know a God who can make it all better in NO time at all!



We found out on the 17th that we are about to be going home!!!! Yay! We had an MRI on my head/brain to make sure no additional brain bleeds or any abnormalities! God is good! Results came back quickly and my brain is normal! :O) No Bleeds! Thank you Jesus!



On Monday we have a Sleep Study Test scheduled called an OCRG. This test will last 8 hrs and will monitor my every movement from inside and out to check to see if I am experiencing any apnea or if I have acid reflux. Test will be read on Tuesday. Depending on if I have acid reflux and how bad, there is a Barrium Swallow test that may be performed on Wednesday then they have to watch me for 2 days afterward since they would probably put me on medication for Acid Reflux and they want to see how I do on the meds. Then Daddy and Mommy have to sleep with me at the Hospital the evening before I get discharged. They completely care for me in a set aside hospital room by theirselves so that they can learn how to use the oxygen and monitors but if there are any problems, then the nurses are just a call away! I also have to pass a car seat challenge meaning that I am placed in my car seat for about 2 hrs under the care of the nurses so they can see if while all crunched up in there, I don't turn blue! Once all these things are completed then they will let us go home! Thank You Jesus! We are possibly looking at going home Mid to late next week! Not sure on date just depends on the tests and the outcomes!



Please be praying for my tests this up coming week that the Lord will have His Perfect Will and His Way!



Also, the Eye Dr came around and told Mommy that there is no evidence of ROP (Retinopathy of Prematurity) meaning NO abnormalities in the vessels in my eyes! She said that there was a few odds and ends but nothing to be worried about! Again, Thank you Jesus!



Love everyone and Thank you for your continuous prayers!



No comments:

Post a Comment